Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Danish, Diamonds, Holly, and Cat

"If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany's, well, I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!"

One of my favorite movies, Breakfast at Tiffany's, turns 50 years old today. I found out via this NPR article, which, sadly, does not do the film justice, in my opinion. I feel the author oversimplified the film, but whatev. I always found it a wonderful look at how love and relationships develop, among other qualities. Not to mention Holly Golightly remains such a complex (and fabulous) character.

I will give the author credit, though. That girl who hangs the poster above her bed? It was TOTALLY me! Oh hell, it is still me. The poster lives above my dining room table now.

It also has one of the best endings, as well. I cry every time.


I apologize for the short post. Honestly, after writing two college papers, a short story reference, and several film and book reviews, and several more blog posts on the subject, I am not sure what else to write about Breakfast at Tiffany's --- the book or movie. I feel I exhausted it. Fabulous thing, though. I am happy it exists.

I mean, could I have gotten these babies without Holly's influence? I love that woman. She did everything first.




~F.

1 comment:

BaronessVonVintage said...

Oh, one of my faves!!! Thanks for the reminder about the 50th anniversary!