Saturday, April 23, 2011

Quotes from Audrey


As soon I fell in love Marlon Brando, I abandoned my enormous obsession with Audrey Hepburn. It's unfortunate I considered the first "classic film" actor I ever admired too "perfect," compared to the more controversial Marlon. Now back in the Audrey-groove, I realized I compared apples to oranges, and both belong on my DVD shelf.

Also an obsession with these quotes mark her return to my film-life:

"Sex appeal is something you feel deep inside. I can convey as much fully clothed, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain."

"For me, the only things of interest are those linked to the heart."

"Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you're exactly the same."

"I have accomplished far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it happened to me without me ever seeking it."

"I'm not stacked like Sophia Lauren or Gina Lollobrigida, but I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness."

"As a child, I was taught that it was bad manners to bring attention to yourself, and to never, ever make a spectacle of yourself ... All of which I've earned a living doing."

I found all quotes in Audrey Hepburn: A Life in Pictures, edited by Yann-Brice Dherbier. Hopefully they inspire your Saturday :)

~F.

1 comment:

Shybiker said...

Wise words from a wise woman. And a genuine humanitarian.