Sunday, May 27, 2012

"... and I am a Material Girl"

Oh, fabulous, a new post! I was thinking how little I shared on my blog about my love for Madonna. I think only readers who have followed me for awhile may know how much I adore her. To me, she is a strong, creative, and talented woman. She also pushes boundaries, makes others uncomfortable, and refuses to apologize. However, she inspires many, like me. I think she's a fantastic role model. She has been one of mine since middle school.

Anyway, in early March, one of my biggest dreams came true. I bought a ticket to see Madonna in concert when her tour stops in St. Paul this November. Since then, my excitement has reached unbelievable heights. I have become a little obsessed, blasting her music every day, several times a day, pinning photos to Pinterest, and browsing her clothing collection, Material Girl. I usually skip celebrity brands, but this one just happens to mirror my own personal style so well I may have to brave Memorial Day shopping tomorrow to check it out in person.  I especially love this dress, because it stands out from the rest of the collection, and Macy's clothing in general.

I should not be surprised. Madonna has always been a fashion icon, and she has tried everthing. What do you think of all her looks? Do you have a favorite? I thought she channeled the "old Hollywood glamour" well, and she looked AMAZING opening her Sticky and Sweet Tour a few years ago.





I think I need boots, and my long blonde hair back.





2 comments:

Shybiker said...

Madonna has always had style and confidence. She defined pop for our generation. Glad to hear about the depth of your fandom. And glad to see you posting again!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

I loved her witchy look in Frozen, that was so unusual for her. And her 50s style in True Blue. The concert is going to be AMAZING, you lucky girl.

Penny Dreadful Vintage